Thanks to Servo for figuring this out
This will get you up and running on how to add shelf to the audrey.
- You do need files from http://www.audreyhacking.com/files/QNX6.1_shelf.tar.gz. #You need to move the following over to the audrey.
- shelf --> /nto/photon/bin/shelf
- config files --> /nto/photon/config/shelf/
- dll file --> /nto/photon/dll/shelf/, except cdplayer.so
- I also found it useful to make a symlink from /usr/photon to /nto/photon
- Do a chmod +x /nto/photon/bin/shelf. That should be all you need to get shelf running. I had a problem with /nto/photon/dll/shelf/launchmenu.so dying so I moved that to another filename so it wouldn't start.
- Running "shelf -c" allows you to configure shelf.
- Add the following lines to the beginning of /kojak/go
- /nto/photon/bin/pterm &
- /nto/photon/bin/shelf &
- The call to pterm is unnecessary, but it's nice to have a shell up in case something goes wrong.
- Now you can stop the audrey apps from running.
- I moved /config/startup-main and /config/startup-warm to startup-main.sav and startup-warm.save. I'm not sure if that is necessary.
- Then I went into rm-apps and commented out most things that sounded like they'd get in the way.
- Now my audrey boots with shelf and a term running and stops there. I've added most things to a launch item under shelf. One of the problems I found is that I somehow killed the buttons on the audrey, so I can't turn it off except by unplugging it.
- I'd also like to get launchmenu.so to work, as that provides a more common start menu interface. So I hope someone can figure out why that's dying